The HVAC Service Technician will assist with installs, maintains, and repairs heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems in residential setting.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee installations.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC/R equipment.
- Perform warranty services
- Apply local HVAC codes in a practical manner on each job.
- Provide technical support in the field.
- Field customer questions
- Collaborate with sales and engineering to develop product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Layout, design, and install low-voltage wiring.
- Run after-hours calls as required.
- Relay issues and associated costs to client and supervisor
- Order and pick up parts
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and cleaning ducts
- Perform emergency repairs promptly and efficiently
- Keep daily logs and records of work completed
- Maintain service truck
- Ensure compliance with appliance standards and Health and Safety Act
- Performs other related duties as required.
Specific Skills Required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Physically fit, able to lift up to 50 lbs
Requires Knowledge & Awareness of Following Tasks
- Strong mechanical and electrical diagnostic aptitude
- Strong safety knowledge
- Detailed oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans
– JCB, Doosan, Wacker Neuson, Atlas Copco
– John Deere powertrain and Kohler engines
- Office work (sitting at desk/working on computer for long periods of time).
- Field work in residential settings
- At times it may be necessary to work outside of the regular work day in order to complete their duties.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Experience in a residential setting an asset.
- Valid driver’s license
Please fill in the form below to apply for this position: